Frequently Asked Questions
Courtesy NC State University
When will summit registration open?
- Early Bird registration will open July 2018.
What are the registration costs?
- Early Bird Registration (On or Before December 16, 2018) is $125.
- General Registration (After December 16, 2018) is $150.
When will I be able to reserve my hotel room and what are the hotels and amenities?
- Reservations can be made as soon as you register for the Municipal Special Events Summit. Recommended lodging is available at Raleigh Marriott City Center, Sheraton Raleigh Downtown, and Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown. WiFi is available in all sleeping rooms. Details can be found on the Hotel & Travel page.
How will you share logistical details with attendees?
- The Local Organizing Committee will be sending out monthly email blasts to all registered attendees and attendee prospects which will include details about what to expect, registration, session spotlights, getting to the hotel, parking, checking in, what to wear, and more.
Will meals be provided?
- A light breakfast (pastries, bagels, muffins, fruit, coffee, tea, etc.) will be provided both Thursday and Friday morning. We will facilitate Lunch Dine-Arounds on Thursday at some of Raleigh’s iconic restaurants, but attendees will be responsible for paying for their own meals. A boxed lunch (sandwich, chips, cookie) will be provided on Friday. Attendees are encouraged to experience the dining scene downtown Raleigh has to offer as well and try out its many tasty establishments!
What is unique about Raleigh?
- “A visit to Raleigh is more than a trip to a blossoming Southern metropolis—you’ll feel enriched and energized the instant you’re warmly welcomed by its smart, savvy locals. Raleigh’s bright minds head top-tier technology, education and life science institutions; its artists create a bevy of cultural and culinary touchstones; and its storytellers proudly carry on the collective heritage of a rich, historic capital city.Invigorate your senses by sampling the many flavors of cutting-edge Southern cuisine enhanced by artisan craft brews and spirits. Get your toes tapping to the sounds of emerging music and bands, as well as rollicking bluegrass festivals and more. Discover gifts and treasures from local boutiques, including many handmade and custom designs for truly eclectic finds. And, join in broadening your horizons through an enticing array of visual and performing arts exhibitions.Raleigh may be quiet about the fact that it’s leading in most recent quality-of-life rankings, but the fact is, you’ll enjoy visiting as much as people enjoy living here. Come see what the city will inspire in you. Its authenticity is homegrown by passionate locals, rooted in Raleigh.”
– Courtesy visitRaleigh.com
What dining options are available?
- The Raleigh Convention Center and hotels are just steps from the city’s restaurants and hot spots.
Courtesy visitRaleigh.com / Photo by Angie Mosier
Will there be internet access?
- Complimentary WiFi is included in the negotiated hotel guest rate and will be available in all sleeping rooms of recommended lodging. All attendees and presenters will have access to high-speed internet within the Raleigh Convention Center.
Where is the Raleigh Convention Center?
- Home to the iconic Cree Shimmer Wall, the Raleigh Convention Center is located in the heart of downtown Raleigh, NC, adjacent to the Red Hat Amphitheater and Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts. The address is 500 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
Courtesy visitRaleigh.com / Photo by Garrett Poulos
What are my airport transportation options?
- If you are flying, Raleigh-Durham International is your airport of choice.
- Uber/Lyft/Taxi is available from the airport to your hotel.
How far is the airport from the hotel area?
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) is 17 miles from the hotels and Convention Center, which are located in downtown Raleigh.
What is the deadline for submission of presentation proposals?
- The deadline for all submissions is September 14, 2018.
I’ve submitted a presentation proposal. What are the next steps?
- All presentation proposals will be reviewed by the Programs Committee. Acceptance notifications for presentations will be distributed by the Programs Committee to all presenters in October 2018.
- Don’t forget to register for the Municipal Special Events Summit!
When will the official summit schedule be posted, including details on specific educational sessions?
- Our Programs Subcommittee is hard at work finalizing the schedule. We hope to share this information with attendees and those interested in attending by November 2018.
When can I check-in at the summit?
- The Municipal Special Events Summit 2019 registration area is located in the Raleigh Convention Center. Registration will be open during the following hours:
- Wednesday, January 30th 3:00pm – 5:00pm.
- Thursday, January 31st 7:30am – 8:30am.
What is the official summit hashtag?
- #MSES19 #ActiveStreetsRLGH